Mini-Writing Festival for Home Schoolers and Parents
1. How do I register
- Go to the Home Schooling Education Kit and click the ‘Purchase The Kit’ button.
- Enter your details and provide payment information - you can pay directly by credit card.
- We will send an email with your login details so you can get started.
2. Can home schoolers attend the live event?
The live sessions are a school event only, due to the complexity of managing privacy and security.
All videos are recorded and made available on-demand as part of the Home Schoolers Education Kit. Home schoolers receive the same educational resources as schools.
3. When is the deadline to register?
4. What resources are included in the Mini-Writing Festival?
What resources are included in the Mini-Writing Festival?
Downloadable lesson resources for each session with pre and post-workshop activities.
Recordings of live workshops will be available from August 7th until the end of Term 3.
A series of approximately 75 micro-videos that capture the key learning moments from each workshop will be available from August 21st until the end of term 4.
5. Do you have to view all the sessions?
No, you can pick and choose which sessions to attend.
Each session can be viewed as a stand-alone learning moment.
6. Can students attend all the workshops?
7. What is required to access the resources?
- Once you have your login details, you'll have access to all the resources as they are released.
The Mini-Writing Festival dashboard provides a summary of when the resources will be released.
8. What should we bring to the workshops?
- Students should bring pens, pencils, paper whiteboards and imagination!
- The Student Writing Journal is a useful resource to use before, during and after the workshop.
Mini-Writing Festival for Schools
1. How do I register for the Mini-Writing Festival program? You can pay directly by credit card or request an invoice, click here for payment options. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and to secure your place. 2. How do I access ...
The Mini-Writing Festival Checklist For Teachers
Getting Started. 1. Send Teacher List Send Student List (Optional - highly recommended) Every teacher needs an account to access the platform, resources, and workshop links. Send your teacher list to email@example.com Each student needs ...
How to turn YouTube Restricted Mode Off
In order to watch Mini-Writing Festival Youtube videos will need to remove the restriction on your YouTube setting. (It is open and others are already seeing it) If you're logging in from a school location you will need to ask your IT/Admin to change ...
What is included in the lesson resources for the Mini-Writing Festival
For each workshop, there are lessons for before, during and after the writing workshop. Pre-workshop lessons There is a series of activities designed to introduce the students to the author and some of their work. There are activities specific to ...
How do I access the Mini-Writing Festival resources?
How to access the Mini-Writing Festival Dashboard and resources How to access the Mini-Writing Festival live workshops 3 ways to use the Mini-Writing Festival program Two quick ways to access FestivalScribes How to use FestivalScribes - find and set ...